|Steps to apply
for Federal Student Aid at NCK Tech (School Code 005265)
1. Complete FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid); apply online http://www.fafsa.ed.gov
Can be completed as soon as income tax information is available, but not before January 1 of enrollment year. We recommend you submit income tax forms, wait 2-3 weeks, then submit your FAFSA. This allows the applicant to utilize the Data Retrieval Tool to transfer Income Tax information directly from the IRS to the FAFSA.
Students selected for verification must submit documents requested by NCK Tech financial aid office to validate entries on the submitted FAFSA.
Submit documents within two weeks of mailed request.
2. After the college receives your completed FAFSA, an Award Letter is sent from the financial aid office indicating the federal aid that the student is eligible to receive.
Requirements to receive the Award Letter:
1. Enrollment application
2. Successful completion of FAFSA
* If you do not receive an Award Letter within 30 days after submission of FAFSA, contact the Financial Aid Office at the college.
3. The college will solicit eligible federal grant funds, Stafford loans and PLUS loans based on student eligibility and accepted amounts indicated on the Award Letter.
4. NCK Technical College is enrolled in the Department of Education Direct Loan program. For information about student and parent loans, please visit the following website. http://www.direct.ed.gov
5. Students seeking Stafford subsidized or unsubsidized loans for the first time must complete a master promissory note with Direct Loans. This can be completed at the following website. https://studentloans.gov/myDirectLoan/index.action
6. A parent seeking a PLUS (Parent Loan for Undergraduate Student) loan must complete a PLUS master promissory note with Direct Loans at https://studentloans.gov/myDirectLoan/index.action
The master promissory note authorizes the college to secure funds in your name through the Direct Loan program.
7. Before students receive Stafford loan funds for the first time from NCK Tech, they must complete Loan Entrance Counseling available at: https://studentloans.gov/myDirectLoan/index.action
Note: Funds are not disbursed until 30 days after classes start. In order to receive subsequent disbursements of federal student aid, student must maintain enrollment and demonstrate satisfactory academic achievement (GPA 2.0 or better).Fees are collected on a semester basis, and Financial Aid Disbursements are made also on a semester basis.
8. Students who have received Stafford loans while attending NCK Tech must complete Loan Exit Counseling prior to graduation. This process provides information about repayment options and contact information for the student and loan servicer. Exit counseling is available at https://studentloans.gov/myDirectLoan/index.action