Student Code of Conduct
The purpose and goal of a student attending
NCK Tech should be to
prepare for a productive career through the development of mind and
skills. Activities conducted with each program of study and
involvement in the College and its activities fosters this
The student is expected to conduct himself/herself as a mature
individual with respect for the rights and privileges of others. A
student is expected to demonstrate a high respect for college
facilities and property, as well as the personal property of others.
This maturity and respect should be exhibited in all classrooms,
shops, laboratories and activities. Its evidence will contribute to
creation of an environment conducive to teaching and learning. The
following student behaviors are unacceptable:
• Violation of college rules.
• Possession, storage, use and/or sale of chemical substances on
• Possession, storage or use of lethal weapons on campus including:
1. any device defined as a “dangerous weapon” under Kansas statutes;
2. all handguns, rifles and shotguns;
3. all longbows, crossbows and arrows;
4. all knives having a blade length of three inches or more;
5. all BB guns, pellet guns, air/CO2 guns, or blow guns;
6. all fireworks;
7. all explosives, laboratory chemicals, dangerous compounds,
gunpowder, firearm ammunition, and flammable petroleum fuels;
8. any martial arts weapons, e.g., numb chucks and throwing stars;
9. any item used as a weapon in the commission of a crime, and
10. any operative animal trap or other device that is used to
• Use of tobacco products in college buildings.
• Disruptive behaviors and conduct.
• Verbal abuse of a college employee, student or other person(s) not
employed by the College while on campus or involved in college
• Physical abuse of a college employee, student or other person(s)
not employed by the College while on campus or involved in college
• Acts of vandalism to college property and/or other’s personal
• Threats (by word or deed).
• Theft/extortion of college property or personal property.
• Profanity and/or obscenity.
• Intimidation of others.
• Open defiance.
• Any other acts which disrupt the normal educational environment of
The above acts carry with them any one or more of the following
2. Community Restitution (campus or community service)
and Food Service Page