Computer usage / Internet and local area network access
- The use of the Internet and local area (wired and wireless) networks by employees, students and visitors of NCK Tech is permitted and encouraged where such use supports the business and educational goals, objectives and policies of North Central Kansas Technical College.
- NCK Tech provides three separate wireless networks for our end users convenience. A public student/guest wireless network, a Dorms wireless network, and a private college wireless network. Any NCK Tech employee, student or visitor may bring their own devices* to connect to our public student/guest wireless networks** to access the Internet.
- Students living in
the dorms*** (Beloit campus only); a secured wireless
Internet connection is available for laptops and wireless
and a wired Internet connection available in each
apartments living room for gaming consoles; Xbox, Wii and
Note: A registered dorms, faster wireless (Homework Network) is available for residents who register their Laptop's MAC Address with the colleges IT Department. To register your laptop, just bring your laptop to the colleges IT Department located in the Computer Technology building Monday through Friday 8:00AM to 4:00PM.
- Visitors to NCK Tech may join our "NCK Tech Guests" wireless network for free Internet access which is located in our Student Union on the Beloit campus, and in our Administration Building on the Hays campus; or may use our guest computers in those same locations.
- The NCK Tech IT Dept. has made arrangements with CDW-G to offer enrolled students, faculty and staff discounted pricing on computers, software and computer related items available at the college's discounted pricing level. These discounts from CDW-G can be significant, so please visit the special Internet web store created by CDW-G for current NCK Tech students, faculty and staff at (http://www.cdwg.com/ncktc). For up to date pricing or if you do not see an item displayed at the web store that you are looking for, call the college's CDW-G account manager. The toll-free number to call is located at the lower left corner of the CDW-G / NCK Tech web store.
* To learn more about our public
student/guest wireless network, please read NCK Tech's
Wi-Fi Warning and Disclaimer.
** NCK Tech's public student/guest wireless network offers two choices to connect to; an open wireless network (NCK Tech Guests) and a secured wireless network (NCK Tech Students). For information on how to connect to our (NCK Tech Students) wireless network, please visit our Wireless Access page on our Intranet while on campus.
*** Additional Dorms Internet access information.