The Associate of Applied Science Degree in Nursing Program is a full-time, 18-month program. Students receive training to perform nursing interventions with precision and efficiency based on current concepts and evidence-based practices. Nursing professionals provide instruction in nursing theory and, under professional supervision, students obtain extensive clinical experience. Upon successful completion of the first year of study, students are prepared for licensure through the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-PN®). Upon successful completion of the two-year program, students are prepared for licensure through the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-RN®). This program was recently ranked as the Top Nursing Program in Kansas by registerednursing.org. See full story here.
Standardized Kansas ADN Alignment Graduate/Student Learning Outcomes
- Formulate safe and effective clinical judgments guided by the nursing process, clinical reasoning, and evidenced-based practice.
- Integrate caring behaviors in practicing the art and science of nursing within a diverse population.
- Demonstrate effective communication methods to manage client needs and to interact with other healthcare team members.
- Collaborate with clients and members of the inter-professional health care team to optimize client outcomes.
- Implement professional standards and scope of practice within legal, ethical, and regulatory frame works.
- Manage care and provide leadership to meet client needs using available resources and current technology.
- Generate teaching and learning processes to promote and maintain health and to reduce risks for a global population.
Students will purchase a lab kit once lab courses start.
A.D. Nursing Additional Information
Admission Requirements & Application Process
Frequently Asked Questions
Letter from the Director
Required General Education Classes & Point's Possible for Admission
TEAS Entry Testing
Student Achievement Data
Got a question regarding the A.D. Nursing program?
T▸ - Course eligible for transfer to a state university.