The Diesel Technology Program provides specialized training in engine overhaul, electrical systems, torque converters, power trains and diesel equipment testing. First year students learn the basics of large equipment diesel engines and gain practical application of classroom training. During the second year of study, students develop skills in electronic engine control and diagnostic evaluations. Internships with employers are available and, upon successful completion of the two-year program, students earn an Associate of Applied Science Degree.
- Demonstrate safety practices when working in a diesel engine shop.
- Apply the theory of diesel technology to the service and repair of equipment.
- Utilize mathematical reasoning and communication skills in relation to diesel mechanics profession.
- Perform tasks necessary for an entry-level position in diesel mechanics profession.
- Demonstrate ability to handle computers and hand-held diagnostic equipment, to make engine adjustments and diagnose problems.
- Demonstrate competence in mobile air conditioning, diagnostics, and the service of A/C systems.
- Proficiency in reading basic wiring diagrams and recognize electrical symbols.
- Identify all Federal and State Standards in regard to OSHA and EPA regulations in a diesel shop.
- Identify the various electronic controls of a Cat, Detroit, and Cummins engine.
Got a question regarding the Diesel Technology program?
Post Graduate Jobs
|Job Title||Annual Salary|
|Product Support Technician||$32,000|
|Shop Service Technician||$34,000|
|Service Dispatch Manager||$34,000|
View More Jobs on Indeed.com
|Course Code||Course Name||Credits|
|DT-101||Diesel Shop Equipment & Tool Safety||2|
|DT-102||Diesel Engines I||5|
|DT-201||Diesel Shop Management||2|
|DT-202||Advanced Electrical/Electronic Systems||5|
|DT-203||Advanced Diesel Engines||5|
|DT-204||Diesel Engine Emission||1|
|DT-206||Suspension & Steering||3|
|DT-207||Alternative Fuels & Bio-Fuel||2|
|DT-208||Truck & Heavy Equipment RepairOR||6|
|General Education Course Requirements|
|COM-103||English Composition I T▸||3|
|COM-105||Fundamentals of Oral Communication T▸||3|
|CIS-100||Computer Applications T▸||3|
|MA-111||College Algebra T▸||3|
|SS-100||General Psychology T▸||3|
T▸ - Course eligible for transfer to a state university.