Telecommunications and Network Technology
The Telecommunications and Network Technology Program provides the technical knowledge and skills needed for a career in the communications and network technology industry. Students receive training in all aspects of telecommunications including circuits, devices and cabling, digital logic, wireless communication, fiber-optics theory and Voice Over Internet Protocol (VoIP). In addition, students analyze computer data networks, LAN/WAN design and Class 5 central office applications. Upon successful completion of the two-year program, students are awarded an Associate of Applied Science Degree.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of computer networking concepts.
- Demonstrate knowledge of telecommunications and network hazards and related safety practices.
- Use effective communication skills appropriate to the telecommunication field.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of digital switching infrastructure and networking.
- Demonstrate the ability to install and manage communication copper cabling infrastructure.
- Demonstrate the ability to install and manage fiber optic cabling infrastructure.
Got a question regarding the Telecommunications and Network Technology program?
Post Graduate Jobs
|Job Title||Annual Salary|
|VoIP Design Engineer||$60,000|
|Outside Plant Technician||$36,000|
|Network Provisioning Engineer||$34,000|
View More Jobs on Indeed.com
T▸ - Course eligible for transfer to a state university.